Berlin Bazaar Vendor Guide
Welcome to the Bazaar!
The 3rd Annual Berlin Bazaar will be held September 9th, 2017 from 12:00 p.m. - 6 p.m. at Cafe Berlin, 220 North 10th Street Columbia, MO.
Who Can Be a Vendor?
The Bazaar application is open to all Missouri based makers, designers, craftspeople, vintage dealers, limited food/drink purveyors and special category vendors (such as tarot readers, psychics, etc.). If you wish to perform music, host a workshop or something else not specified above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Refer all questions and communications to email@example.com
The following is helpful vendor information. We will be emailing updates, reminders and tips leading up to the event. Please keep in contact with us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. The application deadline is June 1st, 2017 at midnight. Spread the word to all of your maker friends! This is a juried event and selections will be made based on skill, originality, innovation and presentation. Chosen vendors will be notified via email no later than June 9th, 2017 at midnight. If chosen, fees must be paid via Paypal* by June 16th, 2017 at midnight. Late fees will not be accepted. If payment is not made your space will be forfeited.
2. Load-in will begin at 10:00 a.m. the day of the event. Loading zones will be on the street perimeter of the event lot. Vendor parking will not be provided. On-street parking is available adjacent to Cafe Berlin and may be metered. All booths must be in place and ready for sales by 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, September 9th, 2017. Booths must be staffed no later than one half hour before opening to the public. Booths must be open and staffed during all Bazaar hours.
3. Vendors are responsible for providing all displays, fixtures and furniture, including, but not limited to, tables, chairs and tents. This helps us keep booth fees low.
4. This outdoor event is rain or shine. Vendors are responsible for weather preparedness. Examples include weights for wind, umbrellas/tents for sun/rain, etc.
5. Wi-Fi is free and available at the event but can sometimes slow down with high traffic. It is advisable to have a backup plan in place, such as extra data or a Wi-Fi hotspot for your device. Vendors are also responsible for their own cash banks. Change will not be made at the event.
6. This is a 6 hour event. We recommend that you bring a Booth Buddy to cover you for bathroom and meal breaks.
7. Booth sizes are as follows: Single vendor 5'x10' booth ($45), Single Vendor 10'x10' booth ($75), Shared booth (2 vendor limit) 10'x10' ($80)
8. Vendors who wish to share a booth must apply separately, noting their preferred booth partner. If one vendor is not accepted the remaining vendor will choose a new booth option.
9. A wait list has been implemented for this year's event. If you are put on the wait list, you will be given at most 3 weeks notice but no less than 2 weeks notice.
10. Vendors agree to confine all display and selling activity within the assigned booth space, refraining from placing signs and goods or other materials within or over public aisle space or in other vendor space.
11. Vendors agree to abide by all applicable laws, ordinances, and regulations pertaining to health, fire prevention, public safety, business licenses, and sales tax permit.
12. Vendor agrees to maintain the dignity and integrity of the Berlin Bazaar. Berlin Bazaar and Cafe Berlin Associates reserve the right to ask any vendor to leave the Bazaar if not acting in the best interest of the Bazaar, or who does not meet vendor requirements.
13. Vendors confirm that all items to be sold have been handcrafted by vendor/applicant or are vintage by definition (20 years or older). Prints printed by a third party of original art are considered handcrafted. Any other items have been cleared for sale by Bazaar crew.
14. Cancellations may be made and refunds will be given up to August 19th, 2017 at midnight. Vendors agree that the booth fee is non-refundable once August 19th, 2017 has passed.
15. We welcome children and will have a kid-oriented activities area. However, childcare is not provided and children must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
16. In addition to your booth space, the booth fee covers the following:
-Advertisements via social media, various news outlets throughout Mid-Missouri and a flyer campaign.
-Berlin Bazaar tote bag with stickers, buttons, etc.
-$15 food voucher to be used with event menu at Cafe Berlin the day of the event. One voucher will be given per single booth and 2 will be given for a shared booth.
*contact us at email@example.com if different payment options need to be arranged
Please refer all questions, concerns, communications or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.